Textbooks can be sold back to the bookstore at the end of each semester. The repurchase price will be approximately 33% if purchased new, and approximately 18% price if purchased used.
Scholarship Students should keep their bookstore receipts until the end of the semester or until books are returned to the bookstore. Receipts must accompany any returned book even when purchased on a scholarship.
If you are not completely satisfied with your order, please cut out and use the label on your packing slip to return your package within 14 days of purchase. The items must be returned in NEW condition with tags and unwashed.
Choose a return reason and include this slip with the order number with the items(s) in your package by the shipper of your choice. We will refund your money within 10 days of receiving the returned item(s). If an item is deemed non-returnable, we will contact you directly.
If you have a defective product, please contact Customer Service for instructions at email@example.com.
We will also need your name, email and phone to contact you. If you need assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the student's responsibility to assist in the selection of textbooks by bringing a current class schedule to the bookstore, along with a current student ID. Students should keep their bookstore receipt until the end of the semester or until the bookstore repurchases the books. Receipts must accompany any returned book even when purchased on a scholarship.
ABSOLUTLEY NO REFUNDS/RETURNS WITHOUT SALES RECIEPT!!!
The following schedule applies to all students.
Textbook refunds will follow the guidelines for tuition and fee refunds so long as the book(s) are in their original condition. (i.e., 100% tuition and fees refund is 100% textbook refund). Refund dates will correspond to the last day noted to drop with a refund in the course schedule for each semester. (i.e., Spring 2022 Class Schedule: Last Day to Drop 16-week Course with Refund is Wednesday, January 19, 2022) See Class Schedule Catalogs for specific term dates. ALL returns must have a receipt. Under certain circumstances it may be necessary for a student to return a textbook before or after classes begin. Normally these circumstances would result from either a student’s total withdrawal from college, dropping a class, or by the college canceling a class. Students should be aware of the following guidelines when requesting a refund for textbooks:
- A completed “Withdrawal or Course Change Form” and the textbook must be presented to the bookstore manager for consideration for a textbook refund.
- The bookstore manager has the authorization to refuse or to reduce the repurchase price for any book that is torn, worn, abused, or not needed for the course in subsequent semesters.
- Textbooks may be sold back to the bookstore at the end of each semester. The repurchase price will be approximately 33% if purchased as new, and approximately 18% price if purchased as used.
Note: “Original condition” describes a book which is clean and does not contain any handwritten notes, including the student's name and highlighting. Cellophane bound books must be returned with cellophane intact for a 100% refund. All books will be examined for approval.
Note: Access codes will only be eligible for refund in the code has not been made visible, or if sealed, the seal must be intact. If the seal is broken, but code has not been made visible, the bookstore manager will examine the code to determine if a refund is applicable.
Scholarship students should keep their bookstore receipts until the end of the semester or until books are returned to the bookstore. Receipts must accompany any returned book even when purchased on a scholarship.
Original condition: the book is clean and does not contain any handwritten notes, including the student’s name and highlighting. Cellophane bound books must be returned with cellophane intact for 100% refund. All books will be examined for approval.
- If cash is not available a check request form maybe required.
- The student must have a register receipt verifying the original purchase price of the book and a valid student ID card, after the second week of class a fully completed withdrawal or course change form must also accompany any returned book.
- Books sold with software will not be repurchased without the software (IF REQUIRED BY THE COURSE).
- Laboratory books, workbooks, and study guides will not be repurchased after leaving bookstore.
- Research fee of $15.00 per hour with minimum of 1 hour for lost receipts.
- Refunds on damaged books will be at the discretion of the bookstore manager.
- Please bring any book problems to the attention of the bookstore manager IMMEDIATELY.
- Books purchased after drop/add period may be returned within 7 days of purchase. Must have receipt to prove date of purchase.